Skip to main content

Sacramento: BOE-261-G

Sacramento County: BOE-261-G

Sacramento: BOE-261-G REV.29 (5-19) for 2020

Claim For Disabled Veterans' Property Tax Exemption

If you are a veteran who owns and occupies a home as your principal place of residence and who is rated by the Veterans Administration as 100% service-connected disabled, (or if you are the unmarried surviving spouse of such a veteran), you may be eligible for an exemption on a portion of the assessed value of your home. The exemption may increase if you claim and qualify for the low-income exemption on a yearly basis.

See Instructions   

Important Additional Taxpayer Information Provided by Sacramento County

Please return the following:    
Form 261-G, Claim for Disabled Veterans' Property Tax Exemption
A copy of your Ratings Decision Letter with an effective date of rating, from the Dept of Veterans Affairs (or from the military service that discharged you,) certifying a service-connected disability rating of 100% or a compensation rate of 100% due to individual unemployability.              
A copy of your honorable discharge document (form DD-214) or other document indicating that you were discharged in other than dishonorable conditions from service.

If you do not have copies of your ratings letter or discharge, please contact the USDVA at 1-800-827-1000.
Additional information can be found at



Download Form BOE-261-G

Acrobat Reader is required to view PDF documents. Download Acrobat Reader.